Dirty Bomb is a fast-paced free-to-play objective-based shooter that was developed by Splash Damage and published by various partners including Nexon, DDestiny, and Axeso5. The title was distributed through Steam.
The backstory of the title is set in a near-future London in the aftermath of a nuclear explosion in the centre of London. Multiplayer maps featured in the game include iconic locations that can be found around London. Play as one of the available mercenaries for one of the two available opposing sides: Jackals and the CDA.
The title was developed over a 5 year period, and my responsibilities in the development of the game often varied dependending on needs.
- Tooling for importing, exporting, and managing localized strings and content.
- Pipeline for insertion of new strings, and QA or producer approval.
Build Systems and Continuous Integration
- Build systems powered by TeamCity and Buildbot Framework.
Anti-Cheat Heuristics and Telemetry
- Backend services for monitoring player behavior through telemetry.
- Identification of potential cheaters.
- Generation of daily reports outlining players who are considered to be cheaters based on a rating.
- Support for Easy Anti-Cheat backend services (reporting and banning).
Automated Performance Testing
- Web applications for navigating hotspots with connected game client, and visualizing captured historical performance data.
- Automated nightly tests on submission of new builds to create daily comparisons against machine specification, and performance budget.
Crash and Error Reporting Solutions
- Client and server multi-platform crash reporting (Linux and Windows).
- Web applications for visualizing collated crash reports inserted on a nightly basis.
- Win32 application written in C++ that leveraged CEF3 for rendering its UI.
- AngularJS framework used for creating a frontend framework.
- Game content updates and patches distributed with LibTorrent.
Game Content Tooling
- High-performance shader map baking software (normal, ambient occlusion etc.).
- Custom tooling for enabling designers to create in-game items.
Unreal Engine 3 AngularJS TeamCity MSBuild Buildbot WPF XAML Chromium Embedded Framework Flask Apache jQuery Bootstrap Perforce Subversion MongoDB .NET Framework Microsoft Visual C++ Easy Anti-Cheat Fireline DeltaDNA PostgresSQL LibTorrent LibCurl